What to Expect in 2022?
Happy New Year! Thank you for being part of the Okra community.
From Africa’s fastest open finance widget to exciting fraud prevention features like selfie verification, 2021 was an exciting year for Okra! Here is a recap of the top 5 Okra updates from 2021 🎉 We are committed to digitizing financial services for Africa 🌍 and looking ahead, we are excited to expand our offering in 2022 to help developers and businesses continue to build personalised financial services. Here are a few key milestones that you can look forward to this year:
- More for Payments (Beta). To expand our payments product, we are adding a number of new features this year including dispute management, easy transfers, and a checkout experience. We are also optimizing our current offering to include an improved widget experience, better dashboard management, and more automated actions (e.g. garnishment, recurring).
- More for USSD (Beta). We recognize the complexities of African markets and want to ensure that we connect people without a smartphone, data or internet to online banking and embedded finance capabilities by making sure customers can connect to the Okra widget via USSD.
- Incremental improvements. We recognize that there is always room for improvement with our current suite of products. As a result, we will be launching a revamped dashboard, a better sandbox experience, and more powerful data science products - just to name a few!
🏦 Financial Institutions:
In addition to traditional banks, we want to continue our expansion to non-traditional institutions such as micro-finance banks, digital wallets and more to make sure we are covering all user needs. Here is our current coverage for reference.
If you have a financial institution that you would like to see added, please fill out this quick form to submit your integration request.
👫 We are hiring!
It’s a new year! Know somebody that could be interested in joining our team?
Current openings include:
- Customer Engineer (Technical)
- Data Scientist (Machine Learning Engineer)
- Engineering Manager (Data Infrastructure)
- Team Lead, Payments (Data Infrastructure)
- Platform Engineer
- Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Sr. Frontend Engineer
- Financial Analyst
- Sr. Technical Recruiter
🚀 What's Next?
We had our first ever team retreat in December at Lakowe Lakes Golf & Country Estate in Lagos ⛳️ Stay tuned for a retreat recap to learn more about the Okra team.
As you can see, we have a bunch of amazing things in the works for this year, so make sure to subscribe to the Okra Blog so you do not miss anything!
The Okra Team.